Tiktok is mostly known for their short dances, funny clips and catchy memes and music and has become THE Social Media Platform of today. Due to the fact that TikTok’s followers is increasing by the minute this has caught the attention of brands and marketers, who are becoming more and more visible on their own accounts as we speak. It does make sense however when you have a look at some of TikTok’s statistics:
* Currently already at 800 million active users and rising
* Over 2 billion times installed on a device
* Users produce and consume at the same time
* Currently around 1.1 million Dutch users and counting
* Most interaction of all social media platforms
Does this mean that your company should be “dancing” on TikTok as well?
It all comes down to one question: does your brand fit with what TikTok has to offer?
Back in the day there used to be maybe 2 – 3 social media platforms. Since then a lot has changed and social media platforms can be found everywhere.
Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, Snapchat are just some of them that come to mind. Should you be looking into all of these social media platforms or perhaps narrow it done to just a few?
You’ll have to ask yourself the following questions:
1) is your content converting on every platform?
2) are you able to convert followers from a platform to your own media / website?
3) what is your purpose for each and every social media platform that you are using?
4) are you capable of reaching your goals or at least getting towards your pre-set goal?
If one the answers contains a “no” it might mean that you’re just on that platform to “show off”. You’ll better of by saying goodbye to that platform and focus your time and money on another social media platform. Remember, you don’t need to be on all of them, entering 2 or 3 social media platforms is more than enough.
Which ones do you prefer?